Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Get A Kick Out of You

For the past few days, Marni has actually been feeling the baby move around in her stomach (I know, I know, it's not really the stomach -- it's the stork's pouch), but until tonight, I hadn't been able to feel it.

Tonight, I actually felt the baby kick.

I think that's supposed to be kind of a big life moment or something, and let me tell you... It was, actually, pretty spectacular.

It's a little weird to think, if Marni had a tapeworm, or if she swallowed half a bookshelf, and I could feel it sticking out of her tummy, that wouldn't be a cause for celebration. But this definitely is. I can't wait to meet the baby in earnest, and let him/her kick me in person.

Side note: Since Marni can only occasionally feel the baby moving around, the current theory is that s/he likes food, boats, and Top Chef Masters (technically, a subset of food).

No comments:

Post a Comment