so much to catch up on! penny loves stickers - she spends hours moving them from one wall of her box to another, sticking them to herself and to us, and searching out the right color for whatever purpose she has in her mind.
this weekend, alex and i took penny to the prospect park zoo! it was super fun, and a very different experience than when we took her in march - there were so many more animals, and they were all so active. i have never seen a red panda run before, but we watched one run up and down a tree, and around its enclosure. penny was really into the owls, and it was great to see how many animal names she knows.
she can carry on conversations now, and it's fascinating where her mind takes things. for example, tonight at dinner, my mom bumped her foot. "foot!" said penny. that's not so surprising. a moment went by, and then she said "market!" it seems so obvious to me now, but i had no idea what she meant. my mom, however, immediately knew that penny wanted to play "this little piggy." incredible.
things penny can do:
- string beads on a shoelace
- tell us what's happening on every page of "the cat in the hat"
- drink from a non-sippy cup
- assemble her bottle
- shake hands and say "meet you" (short for "nice to meet you")
- sing ABC, twinkle twinkle, the wheels on the bus, elmo's song and several yo, gabba gabba songs
- count to two, and has made it as far as four
- identify the colors blue, yellow, purple, green, orange and red
also today, penny and alex were hanging out and she said "potty" - alex took her to the potty, and she peed in it! that's pretty fantastic! later, she squatted next to the potty and peed on the floor - that is less fantastic, but she was close...