Wednesday, December 17, 2014

five years old!

Dear Penny:

If I showed you this blog entry, you could probably read it by yourself.  You might have a bit of trouble with the word "blog", since that's not something you've heard of before, but I have every confidence that you could even work out the word confidence.
Speaking of, you are such a self assured, funny, caring, wonderful person.  If you weren't my daughter, I would still totally want to hang out with you.  You have an indomitable spirit, fashion sense, and are a fearless crusader for fairness and logic amongst your friends.  I know that you get frustrated with us because you can't have your way all the time.  I know that your will is strong and that you want what you want when you want it.  I am so proud that you are learning to control your frustration and calmly discuss options when the answer is "no".  I am so impressed by your quick wit, by your huge heart and by your awesome dance moves.
I cannot believe that you've been keeping me company for five years.  Five winters.  Five birthday parties.  Five "check ons" each night.  You're my girlfriend.  I love you more than I can say, and I am so proud to be your mom.  Bring it, five.

No comments:

Post a Comment