Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Please welcome Milo Elliott Zalben

Once again, the extended blog silence is due to the fact that one week ago today, we had a BABY!  Milo Elliott Zalben was born on July 29th, 2014 at 11:08pm.  He was 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches, and is pretty cute if I do say so myself.  We've all spent the week getting to know each other - my mom stayed with us for the first six days, which was so incredibly helpful I can't even begin to tell you (thanks, Mom!), and we're trying to settle into our old routine as much as we can so that Penny's life is as normal as possible.  We've had a really great non stop parade of family visitors, and Milo has now met all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles and first cousins!  Not too shabby for a week!
In case you don't want to do the math in your head, I ended up being 5 days overdue, and the doctor decided to induce.  I'm pretty happy about the way it all worked out this time around - I managed to get a haircut, a mani pedi, and a day of sitting around doing absolutely nothing before Milo was born.  Now I am enjoying Alex being home and taking amazing care of us, and trying to decide who this baby looks like (I'm pretty sure he's got a Bogin face) please take a look and decide for yourself!

Milo is born!
He has stats!

Big sister meets little brother for the first time!
Our first family portrait!

Me and my babies!
Penny holds Milo!
We come home from the hospital!
My heart breaks
Then it melts
I have become an expert swaddler.  Thank you, Maternity Ward Nurse!
Milo attends a 5 year old birthday party, and is clearly enjoying himself.

I enjoy myself - first drink out in a looooong time.


How Milo spent his one week birthday.

Happy one week on the planet, little dude.  So far you've been a great addition to our family, and we look forward to getting to know you and helping you find your place in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment